As we approach the warmer summer months, experts are sharing an important message for people everywhere.
The Western Lakes Fire District in Wisconsin recently posted a photo on Facebook showing what could happen if you leave hand sanitizer in your car on a warm day.
The image, which has quickly gone viral, shows a burned-out car door panel that has been completely melted and destroyed.
Hand sanitizer is being sold and used more than ever during the pandemic, but since it’s full of flammable alcohol it could pose very dangerous risks if left in heat for too long.
Many people leave their hand sanitizer in their console or on their dashboard, exposing it to direct sunlight — which could actually ignite a fire.